There are 8 types of difficult people and this is the worst
By Amy Gallo/ Working with difficult people is part of life. You can't escape them. But you also don't have to grin and bear the stress as if you have no other choice.
While researching my new book, Getting Along, I identified eight types of difficult people.
1. Passive-Aggressive is absolutely the worst on this list because they are the most common. They may use indirect methods to express thoughts and feelings, so their intentions are never clear.
2. The insecure boss makes you question your every move. They may even intentionally damage your career if they perceive you as a threat.
3. The pessimist constantly points out all the ways something could fail. Sometimes it seems like they can never find anything positive to say.
4. The victim is a kind of pessimist who feels like everyone is out to attack him. They do not take responsibility for their actions and only point fingers at other people for their failures.
5. Know-it-all is convinced that he is the smartest person in the room, pays attention to himself all the time and has no problem interrupting.
6. A bully is someone who has earned his way to the top, usually by making sacrifices, and chooses to treat others as he has been treated.
7. Prejudice: No matter what they think, their behavior is inappropriate and harmful.
8. The Political Operator is focused on career advancement - but at your expense.
*Amy Gallo is a contributing editor at the Harvard Business Review and author of "Getting Along: How to Work with Anyone (Even Difficult People)"