Giorgio Armani cancels men's show in Milan and Paris because of Covid
Giorgio Armani has announced today the cancellation of the men's fashion show 'Giorgio Armani' and 'Emporio Armani' in Milan this month and his high fashion show 'Prive' in Paris due to the increase in cases of coronavirus in Europe .
The decision makes Armani the first big stylist to withdraw from the Milan Men's Fashion Show for Fall / Winter 2022-23 scheduled for January 14-18. In a statement, the fashion house said the decision was "taken with great regret and after careful reflection about the deteriorating epidemiological situation."
"As the stylist has stated in many cases, performances are crucial and irreplaceable cases, but the health and safety of both employees and the public should be a priority," said Armani in a statement.
The Milan Fashion Council had announced last month that 22 brands, from Armani to Zegna, would host live shows on the runway and only nine would make digital presentations.