What did Kurti and Vuçiç commit to in Ohrid, the EU reveals the agreement
The European Union published in written form the agreement that was reached in Ohrid, North Macedonia on March 18, between the Prime Minister of Kosovo, Albin Kurti, and the President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vucic.
Here is what was agreed
1. Kosovo and Serbia fully commit to comply with all articles of the Agreement and this Annex and to implement all their respective obligations arising from the Agreement and Annex in an appropriate and good faith manner.
2. The parties take into account that the Agreement and the Implementation Annex become an integral part of the respective processes of membership of Kosovo and Serbia in the EU. The parties take into account that, immediately after the approval of the Agreement and this Annex, the EU mediator will start the process to change the standards of Chapter 35 for Serbia, to consider the new obligations of Serbia, arising from Agreement and Annex.
3. The parties agree to adopt the Declaration on Missing Persons, as negotiated within the EU-mediated dialogue, as a matter of urgency.
4. In order to implement Article 7, Kosovo immediately starts negotiations within the dialogue mediated by the EU, for the definition of specific arrangements and guarantees, which ensure an appropriate level of self-management for the Serbian community in Kosovo, in accordance with the agreements of previous relevant dialogue, as determined by the EU mediator.
5. The parties agree to establish a Joint Monitoring Committee, chaired by the EU, within 30 days. The implementation of all provisions will be ensured and supervised by the Joint Monitoring Committee.
6. Për të zbatuar Nenin 9, BE-ja do të organizojë një konferencë donatorësh brenda 150 ditësh, për të krijuar një paketë investimesh dhe ndihme financiare për Kosovën dhe Serbinë. Asnjë shpërndarje nuk do të ndodhë përpara se BE-ja të përcaktojë se të gjitha dispozitat e Marrëveshjes janë zbatuar plotësisht.
7. Kosova dhe Serbia pajtohen që të gjitha nenet të zbatohen në mënyrë të pavarur nga njëra-tjetra.
8. Rendi i paragrafëve të këtij Aneksi nuk e paragjykon rendin e zbatimit të tyre.
9. Kosova dhe Serbia pajtohen që të mos e bllokojnë zbatimin e asnjë prej neneve.
10. Të gjitha diskutimet në lidhje me zbatimin e Marrëveshjes do të zhvillohen në kuadër të dialogut të ndërmjetësuar nga BE-ja.
11. Kosovo and Serbia acknowledge that non-compliance with their obligations from the Agreement, Annex or past Dialogue Agreements may have direct negative consequences for their respective EU membership processes and for the financial assistance they receive from the EU.