Lajme nga Bota

The Queen of England loses the Memorial service after injuring her back

The Queen of England loses the Memorial service after injuring her back

The Queen has lost her Memorial Sunday service at the Cenotaph in London after spraining her back. Buckingham Palace announced that the 95-year-old monarch was "disappointed" that she did not attend the event.

The palace had previously said the Queen was "determined" to attend the service after taking time off from her duties for health reasons.

She made the decision to miss the event "with great regret" this morning, a statement said. As in previous years, a wreath of the Prince of Wales was placed in her name.

The Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Count and Countess of Wessex and the Royal Princess also attended as planned.

This is a blow. A blow to those who gathered here in Whitehall on a gray November morning, a blow to many who had hoped to see the Queen after two weeks of rest, and no doubt a blow to the Queen herself - the Sunday of remembrance is when she, who has dedicated her life to service, pays homage to those who served.

This absence is, as one palace official puts it, "extremely unfortunate times." When the palace announced that the Queen would cancel her official engagements for two weeks, she could not say she was "determined" to attend the National Memorial Service.

It is understood that the queen will not need hospital treatment. It seems like a car ride from Windsor and a period of staying in the cold watching the ceremony were simply impossible due to her sprained back.

In previous years, she may have coped with the pain. But the fact that she is 95 years old cannot be avoided. For a period, at least, calmer times should be spent.

The queen's back sprain has nothing to do with her doctor's latest advice to rest, the PA Media news agency reported.

Doctors had advised the monarch to rest until mid-November after she spent one night in hospital on October 20 for check-ups - her first overnight stay in hospital in eight years.

Megjithatë, ajo ndërmori disa detyra të lehta gjatë asaj kohe, duke përfshirë takimin me ambasadorët përmes lidhjes me video nga Kështjella Windsor.

Ajo gjithashtu regjistroi një video-mesazh për samitin e klimës COP26 në Glasgow, pasi u tërhoq nga pjesëmarrja personalisht në ngjarje

Dhe ajo humbi Festivalin e Përkujtimit në Royal Albert Hall të Londrës të shtunën, ku morën pjesë Princi Charles, Camilla, Princi William dhe Catherine.

Shërbimi i të Dielës së Përkujtimit do të kishte qenë detyra e saj e parë në publik pas qëndrimit të saj në spital muajin e kaluar.

Buckingham Palace tha në një deklaratë: "Mbretëresha, pasi e ka ndrydhur shpinën, ka vendosur këtë mëngjes me keqardhje të madhe që nuk do të jetë në gjendje të marrë pjesë në shërbimin e sotëm të së Dielës së Përkujtimit në Cenotaph. Madhështia e saj është e zhgënjyer që do t'i mungojë shërbimi".

Monarkja, e cili ishte Luftën e Dytë Botërore adoleshente, është kryetarja e forcave të armatosura.

Ajo ka humbur vetëm gjashtë ceremoni të tjera të Cenotafit gjatë mbretërimit të saj - në katër raste kur ishte në vizita jashtë shtetit dhe në 1959 dhe 1963, kur ishte shtatzënë me dy fëmijët e saj më të vegjël.

Mbretëresha kishte mbajtur një orar tipik të ngjeshur në tetor përpara se të shtrohej në spital, por së fundmi u pa duke përdorur një shkop në një shërbim të Westminster Abbey, hera e parë që ajo e bën këtë në një ngjarje të madhe.

On Tuesday, she returned to Windsor Castle after a long-planned weekend at her home in Sandringham in Norfolk.

Last week, she was seen driving her car near Windsor Castle, in an area where she is known to take her Corgi dogs for walks.

Tiranapost.al