Lajme nga Bota

The story of Archie, who suffered clinical death. Parents blame TikTok

The story of Archie, who suffered clinical death. Parents blame TikTok

The case of 12-year-old Archie Battersbee has shocked America. The boy suffered clinical death. What happened?

According to his mother, Archie may have been trying the so-called 'darkness' challenge shortly before he was found unconscious. This extremely dangerous online craze encourages users to suffocate themselves until they reach the point of unconsciousness. When Archie's mother found him on the ground, he had a cord wrapped around his neck.

The story of Archie, who suffered clinical death. Parents blame TikTok

TikTok says this has never been a trend on its platform and has distanced itself.

This week, Archie's parents lost their bid in the High Court to stop doctors removing the equipment that keeps him alive. Yesterday, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) rejected a request to further postpone his treatment. The serious event took place in London, in April.

The story of Archie, who suffered clinical death. Parents blame TikTok

Archie's case is not an isolated one. Last month, a lawsuit was filed against TikTok by the families of two little girls who drowned in a TikTok challenge.

The plug and coin challenge, the ice salt challenge (leading to second degree burns), the nutmeg challenge, are just a few that have caused death in children who have tried them.