Their fathers lost their lives to Covid and the war, 11 of their children receive the full salary of a retired parent
The children of fallen parents benefit from today the status of "Children in the Care of the Republic". In an activity held in the presence of Prime Minister Rama, children and families of fallen professionals, the Minister of Health and Social Protection, Ogerta Manastirliu said that this is a promise kept to take care of the children of heroes who gave their lives, to protect the life of another.
"A year ago, Prime Minister Rama made a promise. The government would stand by, without any reservation, the children and families of the heroes of this country. Today, this promise becomes a reality. It is the day when, in implementation of the Law "On Children in the Care of the Republic", we award the Status for the children of heroes and martyrs of the Homeland, as a sign of gratitude for the selfless sacrifice of your dear fathers, your dear sons, who are no more today between us ", said Manastirliu.
In the capacity of chairing the Central Commission for granting the status of "Children in the care of the Republic", Manastirliu said that the first 11 children are given this special status, emphasizing that with the Law on "Children in the care of the Republic", these children benefit a full support package, until they come to life and can become self-sufficient.
After careful assessment, 11 children are given the status of "Child in Care of the Republic", and are granted the benefits of the status, from financial treatment with monthly support to the salary of the parent who lost his life, throughout the years of childhood until age 25, if the child attends high school. "They will also have support for education, employment, health care and social protection", said Manastirliu.
The child support package of the Republic provides:
- 100 percent of the parent's salary for each child, when in charge of the person who has lost his life, there is only one child who enjoys the status of "Child in care of the Republic",
- 70 percent for each child, when in charge of the person who has lost his life, there are two minor children;
- 50 për qind për çdo fëmijë, kur në ngarkim të personit, që ka humbur jetën, ka tre fëmijë ;
- 40 për qind për çdo fëmijë, kur në ngarkim të personit, që ka humbur jetën, ka katër fëmijë;
- 30 për qind për çdo fëmijë, kur në ngarkim të personit, që ka humbur jetën, ka më shumë se katër fëmijë që gëzojnë statusin “Fëmijë në përkujdesje të Republikës”.
"Children in the Care of the Republic" will also receive a scholarship to attend pre-university education in public educational institutions and free textbooks. They also receive a full scholarship from the student support fund and are exempt from the annual fee in public institutions of higher education. Enjoy the right to free vocational guidance and employment support in public administration or private business. The Central Commission set up to evaluate the files of fallen professionals will meet whenever there is a request for this status.