The 3 million euro property of the businessman deported from Italy is seized
The property of the Albanian businessman deported from Italy, Gëzim Sallaku was seized today by the State Police.
3 million euros of property that is suspected to have benefited from the criminal superiority of the citizen Gëzim Sallaku has been seized.
The police also seized the property of his brother SS and citizens RK
Police information as follows:
Preventive seizure is imposed on some properties worth about 3 million euros, owned by two brothers and another citizen.
Following the work for the identification, tracing, finding and sequestration of assets deriving from criminal activity in the field of money laundering, after a thorough investigative and professional work carried out by the Economic and Financial Crime Investigation Unit in the Investigation Directorate in the Department of the Criminal Police, in close cooperation with the Prosecution of the Durrës Judicial District, made possible the finalization of the 3-year investigation against the two brothers and another citizen, with whom the two brothers have social ties.
As a result of the investigations carried out and the evidence gathered, the Court of the Durrës Judicial District decided to prevent the seizure of the property of citizens Gëzim Sallaku, SS and RK, resident in Durrës, suspected properties obtained from the criminal activity of the citizen Gëzim Sallaku, which are also registered in the name of SS and RK citizens, namely:
- Sequestration of 100% of the shares of the company "GSA Sallaku" sh.pk, with activity "Import, export, trade of cars, trucks, etc.", based in Durrës, with sole partner and administrator citizen Gëzim Sallaku;
- 2 apartments, in Durrës, in the name of the citizen Gëzim Sallaku;
- 20,600 m2 of arable land, in Durrës, in the name of the citizen Gëzim Sallaku;
– 1000 m2 sipërfaqe toke truall, mbi të cilën janë ndërtuar 2 banesa me sipërfaqe 140 m2 secila, në Durrës, në emër të shtetasit Gëzim Sallaku;
– Një godinë banimi dykatëshe dhe 2 apartamente banimi, në Durrës, në pronësi të shtetasit R. K.;
13 automjete të markave të ndryshme në pronësi të shoqërisë tregtare “GSA Sallaku”.
Vazhdon puna nga Njësia e Hetimit të Krimit Ekonomik e Financiar, për identifikimin e pasurive të tjera të këtyre personave dhe lidhjeve të tyre familjare dhe shoqërore.
Shtetasi Gëzim Sallaku ka kryer veprimtari kriminale dhe është dënuar në shtetin italian nga viti 1999 – 2008.
The Economic Crime Investigation Unit in the Investigation Directorate of the Criminal Police Department, in cooperation with the Durrës Judicial District Prosecutor's Office, in 2018, based on several suspicious bank transfers of the above-mentioned citizens, has launched an investigation into the criminal offense "Laundering products of a criminal offense or criminal activity ”.
The materials for the execution of the Court Decision were sent to the Prosecution at the Durrës Court of First Instance.