The fake news that put parents in chaos about schools
Schools will not be closed. At least so far there is no order.
But fake news has circulated on social media and this has been enough to cause panic among parents.
The letter circulating in the media is dated 15.10.2020 and orders the closure of public and non-public educational institutions on 02.11.2020 for a period of 3 months.
But this order does not appear to have been published on the official website of the Ministry of Health.
The order circulates as a photograph and some errors are noticed in it, while in no official announcement the protocol number nor the date are made in computer writing.
The Minister of Health, Ogerta Manastirliu, during the plenary session on Thursday, October 15, 2020, did not speak at any moment about the closure of schools, despite underlining that the situation due to the Covid-19 pandemic is serious and should be treated as such.
"I believe it is a serious situation. We must treat it as such. "We must all be together against this dangerous virus which threatens the lives of Albanians," said the minister.
Manastirliu also stated that testing capacities have increased by 3 times and that among the main priorities are schools, teachers and students, to limit the spread of the infection.
"Tests have increased 3 times compared to June, of course this is thanks to the work done by epidemiologists, increased capacity of the Institute of Public Health, but also field work, because as we said, testing without tracking and without isolation it would be only a link, but it would not be a rigorous complement to the strategy for limiting the spread of infection ", declared Manastirliu.
The announcement of the closure of the schools was distributed in the same way as such messages earlier about the earthquake and their perpetrators are not known.